The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) Division of Research, Innovation and Research (DRIVe) team is pleased to announce that our simplified application process, called our EZ BAA, is now open for business! Medical product developers, research teams, and companies offering disruptive solutions to health security threats are invited to submit abstracts beginning today using this simplified EZ BAA process.
We’re looking for the most innovative products and technologies to protect Americans from the most serious systemic, natural and intentional health security threats. Our goal is to build a portfolio of products representing disruptive innovative approaches that will transform health security.
Applications accepted through this streamlined process must offer transformative innovation, products and technologies to protect Americans from health security threats. This application process is a business friendly simple abstract.
In-scope priority areas include products and solutions to reduce illness and death from sepsis as part of DRIVe’s Solving Sepsis initiative; technologies and processes to identify infections and exposures to biological and other health threats, as outlined in the Early Notification to Act, Control, and Treat (ENACT) initiative; and tools and techniques to mitigate the damages and loss of life associated with catastrophic events.
Applying is simple:
• Download the application form from our website.
• Submit a technical abstract no longer than a 2,000 words
• Include a cost proposal of an additional 2,000 words or less.
• Proposed costs should not exceed $749,000.
What happens next:
• Once submitted, DRIVe’s experts will review the application to ensure it is within scope and meets DRIVe criteria.
• As the applicant, you’ll be notified of the review results within 30 days of your submission.